I don’t know about you but I love a good cheese wonton. Before I went plant-based I use to eat them all the time! Now, that I’ve cut cheese out of my diet I thought I would try to recreate my own. They turned out great! My husband couldn’t even tell they were vegan!
15 wonton wrappers
2 tablespoons vegan butter
3 tablespoons coconut milk
1/2 of a large purple onion cut into small pieces
2 tablespoons vegan nut cheese
1 tablespoon strawberry jam
Pepper, Oregano, & Pink Himalayan salt to taste
- Saute your onions in 2 tablespoons vegan butter until soft. Then add pepper, oregano, and pink himalayan salt to taste.
- Add 2 tablespoons vegan nut cheese to onion mixture. Add 3 tablespoons of coconut milk until cheese is melted and has created a thick sauce.
- Wet each side of the wonton wrappers and put a tablespoon of the onion cheese mixture in the center.
- Fold the side together and press down.
- Pan fry the cheese wontons until crispy.
- Heat your strawberry jam and drizzle over your cheese wontons.
I hope you enjoy your delicious sweet and savory cheese wontons!
Disclaimer: Information expressed in the content published by Littletikemomma is solely the opinion of the writer. The writer or Littletikemomma is not held liable for any damage, financial loss, or health concerns resulting from information or endorsement from this article. If in doubt, always contact a health professional before using a new product on yourself or others or testing out a new food product or recipe especially if you have any known allergies.